Tuesday, July 29, 2014

good talk

I have 9 pairs of glasses, all current prescription, no sunglasses, I have contact lens but seldom wear them, it's easy to throw on a pair of glasses and it changes my look, ho me dandies.  I'm 205 and I'm trying to stay there, never tried before, I move quicker and have more energy.  Greg Maddux was just overwhelmingly voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame, he went to Valley High across the street from my gym as well as his older brother, Mike, if you pitched 15 years in the Majors you're no slouch yourself (Valley Boys).  When I use heavy dumb-bells of 65 lbs. or more I tape my wrists as they bleed extensively from abrasion cuts due to my twisting them about.  Before I started taping them I'd bleed all over the weights, I figured it'd soak in or evaporate but guys were grossed-out and complained about me, Management said We can't be having this (in a gym where on a certain morning you might see someone being chased by some guy with a knife, they affect Sanitation and Decorum).  Well, I'm easy to get along with, I complied.  They just had something on Jimmy Hoffa on PBS, back in Ohio I picked-up an older guy who was hitchhiking on the Interstate and he volunteered that he had been in Lewisburg with Hoffa.  Naturally I asked what was he like, he said that you could get along with him if you agreed with him, what we'd expect.  Sonny Barger was raised by his father who worked for the railroad, in an interview when he was 50 ...I've never my mother, I haven't met her yet...  Sonny said that except for the "Hells Angels" close association with Harley-Davidson he'd be riding a Kawasaki, saying they're better.

No comments: